This position is responsible for managing fixed income portfolios for municipal clients, this includes constructing, analyzing and reviewing the fixed income portfolios. This person will need to be able to create a comprehensive investment plan for clients based on their specific needs and goals therefore an in-depth understanding of authorized investments for municipalities is required. This position will often require negotiation with banks to ensure there are authorized investments available that fit the clients’ needs.
The position is also expected to explain and illustrate the portfolios details and underlying investments to the client on occasion. Portfolio trading responsibilities fall under this position, including all buying and selling of authorized investments in a timely manner. Having a thorough understanding of fixed income is vital in this position.
Job duties will include but are not limited to:
- Become knowledgeable about The Texas Public Funds Investment Act and the investments authorized for municipal clients and on the overall financial markets.
- Provide economic outlook and current events commentary routinely.
- Present a variety of topics related to investments, investment strategies and market conditions at conferences or to boards/committees.
- Analyze income and cash flow statements to create unique proposals to acquire new business.
- Create and review current fixed income portfolios for potential yield enhancement.
Persons successful at the job will be able to manage multi-asset portfolios; brokering trades of fixed income securities including municipal bonds, treasuries, agencies, CD’s & CP by leveraging multiple brokers to deliver best execution to clients. This person will actively seek and negotiate to find investment solutions for gaps in our offering given certain market conditions. This person will be competitive, have effective communication skills, be personable, and seeks to learn. This person will become an expert on managing fixed income portfolios and will stay up to date on current legislative and regulatory issues affecting fixed income investments and those pertaining to governmental clients.
Periodic travel across Texas is required.
Experience and Education Required
- Fixed income trading and asset management experience
- Four-year Degree with a relevant course work
- Account management experience
- Applies knowledge associated with fixed income investments and bond markets
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg Terminal is a bonus
- Effective listening and communications skills
- Ability to critically think and offer unique investment solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines
Please fill out the information below to apply for this job. Qualified candidates will be contacted by TCG.